Command line tools
I use many CLI tools for my day to day job.
The emphasis on compatibility means that tools can be stitched together to accomplish a lot of things. I use a combination of saw, choose, jq & grep to parse production JSON logs all the time, and it is possible because each of them does one thing and does it well & most importantly is designed to allow data to be piped in and results to be piped out.
Some of my favorites
- FZF: A command line fuzzy finder. In my opinion, one of the smartest and well-made tools which just does one thing, but does it impeccably. I use this to replace
ctrl + Rto fuzzy search through history every day.
- saw: A AWS cloudwatch tool
- choose: alternative to cut
- jq: command line JSON processor
- aws cli: the official AWS command line application
- zoxide: A smarter